Wednesday 26 November 2014

26.11.14

Well yesterday we had some good news.  The doctor has declared Ron medically fit and he is now to be transferred to either Herts and Essex or St. Margaret's to their Re-Hab Ward.  So this will be the next step in Ron's recovery.  I guess it will depend on where the first available place is.   I don't know very much about either of these places.  I do know that St. Margaret's has been recently built so I guess will be state of the art (they have a pool) but Herts and Essex is also fairly new.  As far as visiting is concerned Stortford would be much easier but I am used to driving to Epping as I worked there for a few years but I am mindful of possible driving difficulties with the bad weather approaching.  I want him to move asap so will not give a preference.

In the gym yesterday the physio sat Ron on a bench which she adjusted until his backside was level with his knees and then asked him to raise his backside off the bench 10 times and he was able to complete this task.  

Ron is still in a 6 bed bay with people who are in much worse condition that he is so his surroundings are a bit grim.  I will speak to doctor/nurse today to see if they have any inkling of when a bed may become available at the Re-Hab places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home