Saturday 6 December 2014

06/12/14

Not much to report.   Ron went to the gym yesterday morning, more sitting and standing and he was fast asleep when I arrived - I left him to sleep for an hour during which time a very loud continuous bell was ringing for around 10 minutes, one of his neighbours had lots of visitors as it was his birthday and one of these had a loud booming voice  and she had a lot to say so it was not exactly peaceful.   I woke Ron at 3.30 and told him that I thought he may not sleep in the night if he slept too much during the day to which he replied that you cannot sleep during the night because it is too noisy!

Ron is still not eating very well which is a worry to me I took him in a chocolate desert (lots of calories) yesterday and he managed to eat most of it.  The food is not very appetising as I don't think it is cooked on the premises which is a shame as the previous two hospitals had very nice food, especially Harlow.   I try to encourage Ron to eat saying he needs to get strong to do the physio and he does understand but tells me he does not need nagging.  I will just have to feed him up when he comes home.

I have not spoken to the local coordinator from the Stroke Association but I left a message for her on Friday so I hope to hear on Monday.  I need to get some information about what aids will be provided and what we will need to do ourselves so that I can get some plans in place.

I will write again when there is something to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home