Friday 12 December 2014

12/12/14

Nothing to report just more frustration regarding discharge date and information as to whether Ron can come home for a few hours over Christmas.   On Wednesday I spoke to the physio manager about the projected date and she said that she would ask the physios to speak to me the following afternoon during visiting if they were not too busy otherwise I could phone and speak to them and she gave me a direct number - nobody came on Thursday so today I telephoned and was given the usual reply that it is too soon to say when he will be coming home.   The physio told me to speak to the nurses as the doctor had to make the decision about home visits so I phoned the nurse station and I have been given the names of two nurses to speak to today.

Generally Ron is in good spirits, the physios tell him he is doing well in the gym but he is frustrated by his lack of progress.   He does everything that is asked of him including yesterday attending a quiz, men against women (the women won)  Ron and I gave up attending quizzes a few years ago because we can never remember the answers even though we know them but Ron thinks he will get browny points so he does everything.

Fortunately Ron is now eating all his meals so that is one less worry.

Glen and Bradley came to visit yesterday evening.  Ron is very pleased to have so many visitors and boasts that he has more than anyone else.

In answer to queries from friends, I am fine I eat and sleep well and I have mornings to myself, I do feel I am living in a type of limbo and I find the uncertainty very difficult but I have come to the conclusion that I must just give in and go with the flow.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home