Sunday 11 January 2015

11.1.15

As someone has pointed out I have not written for a few days so here goes.   The reason I have not written is that there is not much to report.  We are settled down here in Henham.  It is comfortable here for us and it is nice to have Lucy nearby to perk up her granddad.

Carers come as arranged 4 times per day, different people all the time no point in learning names.  As I planned we are keeping the arrangements but out of 16 visits 6 have not been required but it has not been a consistent time so difficult to say which visit/visits to cut out.  The transfers into and out of bed we have dealt with ourselves with no problems expecially since Graham fitted up a Heath Robinson fixture to help Ron pull himself up (a length of webbing ties to the end of the bed), with assistance Ron is able to pull himself up to standing in the bathroom while his inaccessible parts are washed and he does the "important bits", he is also able to sit on the proper toilet rather than the commode type thing so small steps but important ones.

Unfortunately sleep patterns are atrocious resulting in some very early mornings for me 3.58 this morning!  Whilst I do appreciate that Ron feels as he says trapped, I must have more sleep Friday morning was 4.30 and I told him not to wake me until 5.30 on Saturday which he did but then spoilt everything this morning.   I have tried to keep him awake today but he is sleeping now.   Hopefully Elliott is coming later so that should keep him awake.  We have had Chas visit on Friday, Saturday we went to Baldock to look at stairlifts, then today Michelle and Andrea and Vince came so this has been nice for Ron.

We took the wheelchair outside this morning and I pushed it round the brick path and Ron attempted some steps with Graham and I holding him on each side.  I thought it was a bit ambitious and so it proved, he did however do a few steps, but of course he is disappointed.

I am hoping to hear from the physio tomorrow if not I will try to contact them as this is what Ron needs to give him some incentive although he does exercise frequently.

More when there is something to say.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home