Tuesday 20 January 2015

All systems go!


Here is Ron's electric wheelchair bought on e-bay for a bargain price, he has been busy this morning coming to grips with the manoeuvring - he is not used to joystick control unlike our granddaughter Lucy (8 years old).  

Graham and Ron went all the way to Southampton yesterday evening to collect it.  Surprise, surprise Ron slept very well.

Here is another little present from Graham

Here is Ron cycling - a super little gadget to exercise Ron's legs and also arms.

We will very soon have electric wheelchairs coming out of our ears as we also won another on e-bay which will be collected at the weekend.

We are feeling a lot brighter today.  Yesterday was a nightmare, problems sorting out medication prescriptions - all sorted now.    Then I phoned the neurological physiotherapist in Welwyn to say as it was now 2 weeks from discharge did they have any information about when we would see anyone and they told me that they had not received the referral.    I phoned H & E and they said it was definitely sent and they would resend it.  I was so upset!  I asked if they could send an accompanying letter explaining the circumstances ad they said they would but I fear another 2 week wait is ahead of us.  In the meantime I am going to try and get some private physio.  Thank god I am fit and able with all my faculties I dread to think what must happen to people without the support that we have.

More good news I have sorted out the carers for the 11th so all systems go for my trip to London

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home