Friday 23 January 2015

Frosty Morning

This is one morning I am glad I don't have to venture out although I understand that it will get a lot warrmer later.

I have cancelled our teatime carers as they are not required.  It is our plan to dispense with the carers all together, we will be having a test tomorrow as we are going out to look at rise and recline chairs early in the morning so I will be taking Ron to the bathroom to wash him and we cannot wait for the carers to come.  Graham and Ron are going out after lunch to Collect another electric wheelchair and a different type of rotastand - more e-bay purchases.   I will spend the day shopping.   I have a ten pound voucher for shoes in M & S so I might get some shoes if I see anything I fancy.  I will also have a leisurely wander round Aldi looking for inspiration for different lunches as Ron has told me he does not fancy sandwiches any more, he would like pies and slices every day but not healthy enough.

A friend/family member who is a physio came on Wednesday and gave Ron a good workout.   He was so encouraged after she had been as it showed that he has not lost the movements that he had gained in hospital.  She has shown us lots of exercises that we can do on our own and explained how the shoulder works (this is where Ron gets pain).

I phoned the neurological physio office yesterday and they confirmed that they had received the referral on Wednesday and we are now on the waiting list!!  Who knows how long that is I am scared to ask but at least we now have a once a week offer from our friend.

Several visitors this week and this is always encouraging for Ron - a different person to talk to.

We have made a decision about the stairlift - amazing what you can save by shopping around (thanks to Graham for this).   Depending on the weather work starts at our house this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home