Saturday 14 February 2015

Out and about

Well I have had my day out.  I did enjoy the day but must admit I was a bit on edge especially when I had phoned the care company the day before to confirm that they were coming, the girl I spoke to was not sure and promised to phone me back before close of play but I did not hear anything (I found out later she had left the message on our home phone).  Although Ron had reassured me countless times that he would be OK he did not pass water all day - a psychological block?

On Thursday we bit the bullet and set off in my car to visit B & Q, Bathstore,tile shop and carpet shop (for carpet tiles for the ramps).  All went well in and out of the car with ease, wheelchair pushing the jury is still out!  We have chosen a toilet and basin, failed miserably with the tiles but we brought home the carpet tiles.  It seems that every few years, tile manufacturers change the size of tiles which means that your tiles are 'dated"  We are now looking at shower panels but they do work out quite expensive.  More research required.    We sat in the car and had a MacDonald's picnic.

We have finally got a date for the neurological physiotherapy assessment 17th March - 10 weeks after discharge from hospital - disgusting.

Ron had a physio session with Jenna today and was very disappointed with his performance we now have a different set of exercises to practice to strengthen the leg.  Overall Jenna is very pleased with Ron's progress, she keeps notes.

We met with the Social Worker on Friday to confirm that we will dispense with all care with effect from 18th which is the end of the 6 weeks arranged by the hospital.  In future if we need care we will have to arrange it privately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home