Friday 1 May 2015

Ups and Downs

Had a horribe day on Tuesday.  We turned up at the hospital for our physio appointment at 11.00 and the physio did not turn up until 12 but not to see us but another client.  She had no record of our appointment.  Well I know one thing she definitely made the appointment two week earlier because I always put it straight into my I-phone.   She said she thought our next appointment was for the group session which is to be on 5th May well this would have meant a three week wait for physion- not on, I think.   Ron was discharged from hospital on 7th January and since then we have had just 3 official physio appointments!!   I was so annoyed and upset I had to fight back the tears.

We went to The Nags Head for lunch to drown our sorrows (food, tea and diet coke).

We don't know how these group sessions are going to work out.  I am trying to stay positive.

Following our aborted physio session, Ron felt he had to work extra hard at home doing lots of walking and inevitably he had a fall.  I felt guilty because I think he was trying to cheer me up because I was so upset.   We had a job getting him up but eventually we managed.  No injuries thank goodness but of course another  blow to his confidence.

Today we had a visit from the Community OT and this was very positive.  She wants to come every week and work with Ron and she is also going to speak to the Community Physio as she thinks that she would be able to work alongside Marion.   The more input we get from professionals the better because this is what gives Ron the confidence in himself.

We have a busy weekend ahead, Lynda and Nigel are coming on Saturday and we are going to try and get in Lorraine's house on Monday and then we are all going for a meal at The Royal Tiger, a Thai Restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home