Monday 13 July 2015

Summertime

Well after my moaning last post, we have had some very good weather and Ron and I are looking brown as berries.  Today it is raining and according to the forecast, it is going to be wet for several days but the garden certainly needs it.  As I treated the lawn with weed and feed on Saturday I think this weather is what the lawn needs.

Since I last wrote we have had visits from Allie the community OT and this has been really useful as she is able to target things in the home that Ron needs help with.  Ron can now walk up and down the ramp from lounge to dining room and he can then sit on a dining chair to eat his dinner.  On 3rd July Ron walked outside the french doors to the car and back again this involved a ramp.   Unfortunately he could not repeat this last Friday as he got half way along and then decided he was too unsteady so I took the wheelchair to him.  This is how it goes but I am sure he will try again soon and will master it.

This Friday Allie is going to bring a physio with her and they will be assessing what help Ron needs.

Ron is getting on well with his scooter and it means I get a rest from the pushing.  We have been on two of my U3A garden visits and he is able to get about on the scooter.  We went to   The Orwell Hotel in Felixtowe.  The drive was cancelled as there were not enough people to make it worth while but obviously we still went for lunch.  Our outward journey was a bit traumatic as we could not find the hotel despite our sat nav, when we eventually pulled in the car park was chock a block so I had to stop in the middle to assemble the scooter and get Ron out of the car by which time it was raining.  I needed my glass of red wine.   Lunch was lovely and the surroundings are like something out of a 50's film set - piano playing in the corner and big silver domes over the roast beef.

We have been lucky enough to have been out and about over the past few weeks.   We went to Andrea's for our family reunion with my niece Jackie - lucky with the weather and a lovely barbecue it was great to get together and catch up with all the news and reminisce.  Angel and Bob Fuller celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary with an evening garden party to which we were invited again good weather.   And up to date, yesterday we went to Area 33's Rally at Cressing Barns Car and Motorcycle Rally where we had a good time and met up with friends then on the way home we called in to Suzanne's.  I stopped outside and she then reversed the Mark 10 in to their drive as if it was a mini - if only I could drive that well!

All in all Ron is improving all the time but we have to keep reminding ourselves of this as it is all too easy to think about all the things we can't do.

Let us all enjoy summer and make the most of the life we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home