Friday 21 August 2015

Devastated

Ron has failed his driving assessment and I am distraught to think he will never be able to drive our wonderful cars again.   Unfortunately it is not because he drove badly but his brain is just too damaged for him to recognise the left, so he is not able to have lessons or try again because the assessor said he would just not be safe.

I keep feeling like crying, tears come to my eyes and I have a permanant lump in my throat but I am not able to give in to it because Ron is being so stoic.   I am not sure if he realises the implications fully although they were explained to us in detail but he does not always grasp things the first time.  He said last night that we would not send off the report to the DVLC (which we must) as they will then cancel his licence and if he wants to drive again, he will have to take a test.

He failed the cognitive test with a score of 11 - 10 is fail and the aim is zero.

I am dreading the next weeks as surely when it sinks in he will become depressed.

If Ron were reading this he would say that I am being typically pessimistic and please god that I am.  Hope to write more positively in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home